Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Restore Gem

I am all about a good deal, especially when I see something and have a vision. Once in a while I will pop in Goodwill and Habitat Restore and if I'm lucky I find something worth buying. 

Oh! If I have the room...we all know that dilemma!!

I have been looking for a desk I could craft on. (Which has somehow turned into a desk my hubby uses). That's what I get for downsizing. It's OK, I will get it back - this is all temporary.

This is what I found and for the low low price of $15, PERFECT!


A nice paint job and a little reupholstering and I have a desk set that will go in my home perfectly. And, since I was being cheap at the time of purchase I bought this wrinkly cut piece of material for .50. A little ironing will take care of those wrinkles. (Psst...I'm ready to change the fabric already but don't tell hubby)


There were a few cracks in the chair so I recruited hubby to help and fix it up for me. He tightened up some screws and added some more screws for additional support. He also added some putty and wood glue did a little sanding and the chair was ready to paint.


I wanted the desk and chair to be black to match my book shelves. Oh, how I miss my garage!


We did not paint the top of the desk. I am thinking of doing tile on the top of the desk or maybe some fabric and plexi-glass. Oh, the options I have, I really do give myself too many choices. Do you ever do that? 

This was the quote I put on my Facebook tonight, "Sometimes I'm afraid of the things my mind comes up with" !! ... And, that my friends is the truth!

I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my hubby upholstering the chair. This was a first for him, what is wrong with me? I must of been in the house drinking wine. Yep! That's the story I'm sticking too. ;-)

So, with that being said here's my before & after pics...



Well, this was an easy peasy project. And the whole project was less the $20. So, once I decide on new fabric and what I'm going to do with the top of the desk, I will be sure to update you. I am open to suggestion ;-)

Have a  "CRAZY BEAUTIFUL" week!!


25 comments:

  1. I think a quatrefoil pattern stained on top of the desk would look nice. As for the chair, love this color you use on your blog, give it some color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty transformation--I particularly like the black chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great transformation, Denyse! Curious about what you decide about the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great find and even better transformation! Can't wait to see what you do with the top of the table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Glad you joined my party. Would love if you added my link to your post so that others know about the party too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy! There's something about black that always looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from One Project at a Time to see your table and chair paint project. I love black furniture. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great makeovers! Thanks for sharing them at my party at House on the Way! Have a great week!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Is it for you or do you sell your furniture makeovers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work. I love what you did. I would love to have you share this with this weeks Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/washi-tape-idea-book-and-wednesdays.html#
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job - how exciting to make something new out of something old!

    kyra @ caramelpotatoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kyra! It was very exciting watching something transition like that.

      Delete
  12. $15 well spent. You've created a wonderful desk/chair set. Isn't it fun to find furniture with good bones for little money that you can makeover and give new life to?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulously thrifty makeover! I love making over furniture like this! Well done! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J9x...It was so fun and I loved the end result..I'm finishing the top after Christmas!

      Delete
  14. Great finds and wonderful transformation! Thanks for linking to the Open House party last week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I would love to be able to do something like that. I would not have guessed the chair was the same one from the beginning. Thanks for sharing on Thursday Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party is live. I hope to see you there.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi, Joye and Myrna (The Busy Bee's)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both pieces turned out beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/12/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. An amazing transformation!!! : ) hugs and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great transformation! I have a yucky old set like that...I think I will give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hula! I just have to figure out what I want to do with the top of the desk. Make sure you share your transformation.

      Delete
  20. What a handsome transformation....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of the most important assets in a person’s life is their very own motor car. So why wouldn’t you want to make sure that your asset receives the Pa Restore & Protect take best idea as possible by using Paint Restore

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved