Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of "Thanks" Challenge: Day 6

OurLifeonaMarquee

Today I am "Thankful" for My Parents...

It's not what they gave me...it's not where they took me...it is what they taught me...

Even though growing up I didn't think I was taught anything...mean parents...never let me have or do anything...

Those where my famous words growing up!!

Now that I look back I was nothing but selfish...It just took me growing up and being a parent to realize it...The whole time they were teaching me to be respectful...honest...caring and unselfish...That there is more to life then material things...

It just took alot of life's ups and downs for me to figure it all out and I am still learning...

As a parent of grown kids I instilled alot of those values in them...YEP!! I'm sure they were cussing me out as well...LOL

I never really thanked my parents for being the wonderful parents they are...They taught me so much in life and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for them...they must be doing something right in life they will be married for 47 yrs....


Thanks Mom & Dad

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR TODAY???



1 comment:

  1. Oh...could I ditto your gratitude post. I'm still so blessed to have both my parents. Whenever they say, "Hello" on answering the phone, I say a silent prayer that I relish that moment.

    What gets even better is when a daughter calls or writes her mom (aka me) thanking me for....

    We take these relationships for granted far to often! So, this morning I will simply ditto what you have written.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved