Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting Started...

I’ve been staying in a hotel while I am visiting friends and family in Pa…And, I’ve spent a lot of time in the hotel…WHY??? Because I got sick L
It’s been relaxing though…I’ve finished my classes for this semester…I got some reading done and have time to think about how I’m going to begin my home re-do…Organizing is a process and if you want to clear out clutter you really do have to have a plan and don’t tackle it all at once…
You need to pick a room and stick to it until your done before you move on to the next room…It is going to take time so if you have a busy schedule you will want to make the time to organize…I’m not talking “Oh! I will do it Saturday afternoon”..or..”I’ll start it Sunday while my hubby is watching sports”…I am telling you that you need to schedule it in your calendar like an appointment…This will be the commitment you need to start what you’ve always wanted to accomplish…There is no need to run out and spend money on a day planner…use what you have around your house…tablet, journal, calendar, etc…
Once we know where we are going to start, we are going to need a few things:
This first thing is some cleaning supplies to wipe everything down as we organize…I use all natural cleaners: water, vinegar, and baking soda…
I also always carry my pretty pink measuring tape…this is very handy when you are organizing…I measure an area I want to put a container or basket…then I take that tape measure to the store…I don’t know how many times I’ve bought something…come home…and it didn’t fit…you want to talk about mad…(BIGGEST PET PEEVE….RETURNING SOMETHING)…
We will have 3 piles “THROW AWAY”… “PUT AWAY”… “GIVE AWAY”…You can buy containers, crates, baskets but I just use my recyclable shopping bags…they are easy to carry, convenient, and easy to store when we are done using them…
Time to PURGE…If you haven’t worn it…used it…or touched in a year…Chances are you won’t…believe me when it comes to giving away my things especially clothes or shoes I just want to cry or go back and grab it and say “Wait, I might wear that if…blah blah blah”…yet usually doesn’t happen..But, I have learned some tricks and tips I will share as we go through each room…Just remember…If you haven’t seen it or used it…you probably won’t miss it!!!
What do you take into every room when you are cleaning it???

7 comments:

  1. I take myself into every room...all three of them...lol I also like to make LISTS of all my things to do/purge/organize. It's on-going and I get a real sense of accomplishment when I get to check things off! You must have SPRING FEVER with all this talk and its making you sick while you are on vacation ;) Rest up while you can cause I know how you'll be hitting the ground running once you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my beverage of choice of course! Wouldn't leave a room without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your biggest pet peeve!


    Stopping by via the Friday hops to say hello and follow.
    Have a great day
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/02/wow-a-lot-of-hopping.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I deffinitley need help with this! Thanks! Popping in from The Girl Creative's hop:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Oh Oh!!!!! I just found you blog and I LOVE it! The colors make me sooo happy and I just love all of your neat pictures and organizing tips in this post! I am definitely a follower!

    Keep up the great work and stay encouraged! You have a great blog! Isn't blogging so much fun?!

    Amanda @ Our Life on a Marquee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following from the hop! I also hate returning things! Such a pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to know that so many people share my pet peeve... :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved