Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fresh Coat of Paint

All it takes is a fresh coat of paint and you have a new looking kitchen.

Kitchen Makeover

Once we completed painting the kitchen cabinets it was time for a change in wall color. I'm not that into yellow. Especially the yellow against those icky builders grade oak cabinets I had. 

Here's a refresher course to what the kitchen previously looked like.

Yellow Kitchen

Kitchen Wall Yellow

 And,what the heck was one more coat of paint anyways. 

Old Paint


I'm not digging any of those colors. I'm thinking more of a neutral color. Since my pops of color is going to be Turquoise/Aqua.

And the winner is Valspar's "Oatmeal".

Valspar Paint

It's going to look great against those "Chocolate Bittersweet" cabinets. I know it will be perfect, I stuck enough paint samples on the wall until "THEE ONE" jumped at me. 

So, let's get started...

Valspar Paint

Huge improvement already, don't you think???


Here's a good one for ya. AHHMAZZZING what you find when you can see on top of your cabinets. I expected grease and grime but I wasn't prepared for this....


Loving that contact paper...LOL...It did clean up nicely. But, it's a good thing I don't see up there that's all I have to say. 

I am so in love with my kitchen. A couple cans of paint and we have a totally new looking room. But, I will let you be the judge. Welcome to my "ALMOST" completed kitchen make-over.

Sorry about the lighting. Sometimes those sliding doors can cause havoc on photos. I'm open for photography tips ;-)

New Kitchen Design

Turquoise Kitchen




It's still a work in progress but as you can see from these before & after photos it's come along way.





Painted Cabinet Makeover

Just a few more projects left in the kitchen and then I will have a final reveal. If you missed any of the previous kitchen makeover posts, don't worry. I got your back.


And if you are new and haven't seen the new home before we started all this you can see it here

We will have a new look very soon here at GGP so make sure you come back and visit. 

Don't forget to....

~Design your life with a little SPARKLE~



27 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks beautiful Denyse. I love your color choices, and then the blue accents/candles go perfect. The tac paper is hilarious. Why would anyone bother doing that???? When I was up on mine I found a bowl. LOL Great job, girl, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the direction you're headed. Lookin' good....mine next? ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! I feel like my house is a never ending work in progress!

    What are you doing next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paint color! You are right.. that paint color really transformed your kitchen! I know it will be beautiful when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I love the cabinet transformation, the color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it!! You did an amazing job! I know you must be loving it too!! ;) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome!! I love the colors! You are so talented, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference some paint will make! I'm in the same boat as you - we just painted our cabinets white and I am going to go gray {currently very light greenish} on the walls...will also extend that into our living room {currently brown/taupe}. I have pics of our updates on my blog, hope you will check it out. Newest follower from MTWC link party. www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new color made such a huge difference!
    I like the custom accesories you've added too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much more dramatic--nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started my home renovations and immediately came here for some inspiration!! Looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the oatmaeal! Cool blog colors, too.
    I found you today on the 3/8 Create and Inspire Linky. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Denyse, I love the oatmeal. I am a huge neutral back drop fan. Your dark cupboards really stand out and give the room so much drama. Love, it! Visiting from House on the Way....Love, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great!
    I have done a kitchen redesign as well - even making the countertops look like granite.

    check it out here:
    http://www.kgstyleblogs.com/2012/11/quick-and-easy-ways-for-kitchen-redesign.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wall color and love the cabinet colors!! You're right, they make a good combo! You're doing an awesome job!
    Selene @ restorationbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, hey, lady! Could you do me a favor?? Could you try to reply to this email to confirm that I'm not a no-reply blogger? I'm hopeful to have found a solution. =/

    Also, I pinned this - love the color combo!
    Happy Wednesday!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so much better! Good job girl! Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! That looks incredible! I've recently discovered how much I despise painting!! But your redo looks amazing! Hope you're having a good friday. Found ya on the blog hop!
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paint is amazing, huh? Great job on the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Looks so good! Love the paint color - that's one of those perfect colors that just looks so good! nice job! :)nikki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Huge difference, it looks so fresh & clean! Great job, I love it.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful color! I bet it feels so good to get that all done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terrific transformation! The wall color beautifully compliments the cabinet color - I know you'll love it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah....the power of PAINT!!!!! : ) Great job! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chocolate Bittersweet' cabinets, creating an impressive makeover with a touch of turquoise/aqua accents for a vibrant finish. I want a dissertation writing services UK. Someone, knows this topic so please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved