Friday, March 22, 2013

Antique Photo Canvas/Happy Sits Day!!!


¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♥ Happy SITS Day to me  ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♥ Happy SITS Day to me  ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♥ Happy SITS Day, Dear Glitter, Glue & Paint  ♥ ♪♫.¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♥ 
Happy ♥ ♥ ♥ SITS Day ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♥♥ to  ♥♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥me  ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪.♥.

Don't know what SITSgirls is, well it's a community of 40,000 plus women who support each other through this crazy thing we call blogging.  It's pretty awesome actually.

If you are visiting from SITS, welcome.

I had this post planned for today and then got that good news that I was today's featured blogger so I wanted to give a BIG WELCOME to those of you that come to hang out with me.

Look at what I'm going to show you how to make today...


I made this antique looking photo canvas with a few simple craft supplies. All you need is Canvas, Mod Podge, Scrapbook Paper, Foam Brush, and Craft Paint


Oh, and your picture! 

I printed the words of "The Mr." and mine's song on a piece of photo paper with one of my favorite wedding photos. I also choose to do an 8x10. You know start small in case it doesn't work ;-)

First, I cut some trim out of scrapbook paper and made a border around my canvas with it using mod podge. 



Then I used spray adhesive to attach my printed photo to the canvas.


I lightly sprayed the canvas and let it sit for a minute until it was just tacky enough to attach my photo to the canvas. 


After I let this completely dry for about 30 minutes I put a couple layers of mod podge over the whole canvas. Let the mod podge dry completely between each layer.

After it was completely dry, I just took a sea sponge and just started dabbing some craft acrylic paint around the edges and across the photo. 


 That's all there is to it and now you have a cherish-able gift for anyone. 


If you are new, THANKS for visiting. 
You may have also missed out on some past posts so take some time and catch up what's been going on here at Glitter, Glue & Paint. 

Most Recent GGP posts:




Don't forget google reader is shutting down so follow
 me on bloglovin so you don't miss something good!

Follow on Bloglovin


Design your life with a little SPARKLE!

37 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being featured! Enjoy it, you've deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS Day! I keep saying I will get crafty again every summer and then time gets away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this craft and congrats again on your SITS Day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tutorial! Stopping by from SITS to wish you a HPPY SITS DAY! Have a wonderful weekend, and I am now following you on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy SITS Day! I love how creative you are! You have such a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your SITS Day! Just going to read your painted kitchen cabinets post - we've painted ours but I'm always ready to read how we could have done it better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool project!! And Happy SITS Day!! :) Always good to see a name I know! :) I hope you enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea--I love this tutorial. This is something I will definitely try. Congrats on your SITS feature day. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy SITS day, SITStah! Your blog is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and your crafts are aaaaaaammmmmmmaaaaaaaaazing! Keep being an inspiration!

    Best,
    Cory
    Quirky town. Funny: with a twist...
    latest: Advise THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm not sure what I like best the little song at the beginning of the post (which I was totally singing BTW) or the amazing antiquing tutorial! So awesome, thanks for sharing! I have to ask, did you also design your blog background and header? It fits your site so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great craft idea!! Visiting from SITS! Enjoy your day in the spotlight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun idea! Your blog is gorgeous...going to check out a few more of your posts! Enjoy your SITS day!

      Delete
  13. Love this idea! It is beautiful! Happy SITS day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The antique canvas is beautiful! Great idea! Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have some amazing stuff here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the lesson it's a lovely piece.
    I just stopped by from the "A Lovely Blog Hop" to spread some love. I'm glad I did. Following everywhere. :)
    http://dustykatt.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so creative! Visiting from SITS - looking forward to hopping around your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a beautiful blog. I love the antique look of the photo. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CUTE! For some reason when I saw your feature on SITS I was expecting a pink background! I was surprised it was blue but I really like it!

    Hope your SITS day was super fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a fabulous day for you.

    You vintage photo canvas is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi, i'm following the "aloha friday" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being featured!!!!! And beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on being featured! I love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Denyse, this is great! I am planning on doing something like this with sheet music of our song and a picture for our 10 year anniversary coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Blog - so much to see and read!

    Happy Belated SITS Day and all the best!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this project! Congrats! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun craft project!! Thanks so much for sharing :) And stopping in from SITS. Hope you enjoyed your day in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy SITS Day! Love the antique photo, lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  29. love this!!! can not wait to try it out :) -- Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! New follower from Social Sunday! Very nice blog! I'm a newbie-I invite you to join me at PJs TREASURES. : )

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stopping by from SITS. That is an awesome idea. I would love to give that a try. Thanks for sharing. And followed your blog on bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stopping in from SITS, happy feature day :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks awesome! I love it and will have to do this, great gift idea!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the antique look! What a great way to spice up photos!

    http://hurryupandwaitusmc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome Denyse! I love this look...will definitely have to try this on something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like what you did on the edge of the frame. It really look like a vintage picture to me.

    Canvas Photos

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved