Friday, July 8, 2011

Home Decor Surprise....

Do you know what happens when a friend goes out of town and her boyfriend wants to do something nice for her????

You decorate their un-decorated home....

My BFF moved in with her boyfriend 10 months ago...and boy did that home need some color...She is not a crafty-resourceful-decorating kind of girl...So she never did anything to the home...But, really wanted to decorate it and make it feel more like "HOME"...

It all went down like this...She had a trip planned for a few days at the beach with her kids...(ding ding)...Do you see where this is going??? Yep!!! BF asked me if I could come decorate the home...Being on a limited budget I had to be thrifty (went shopping in my yard sale stash) and made some visits to Habitat...Goodwill...and Family Dollar..OH YEAH and Michael's....

I ONLY HAD 2 DAYS TO DO THIS!!!!

I started in the kitchen and the first thing I had to do was clean them counters off...replace them icky rugs...and that greenery up top was barely enough to look like anything...

I had a bag of greenery and a few things to decorate the top of the shelves...It's a good start for them to add decor as they come across things that they would like...

That looks much better...(maybe she can find some pretty tall vases for the top)....

Now on to the dining area...Plain Plain Plain....

You know where I'm going with this don't you...CURTAINS!!! and a centerpiece for the table...

Waaa Laaa!!!!

"Shadow" wanted to help too...LOL

Isn't it amazing what curtains can do to a room????

Now we can move onto the living room...we better hurry time is runny out....

We have our work cut out for us in this area...Don't ya think???

Where to begin wasn't even the question....It was how much time do we have left???

I also decided to do some crafting in this time...I guess I like a challenge...Oh yeah I had the help of my hubby and my BFF's boyfriend....It was like my own HGTV team...LOL

Let's start with the fireplace...There were 2 huge screws already in the stone and I wanted to utilize them...So I went to Micheal's and bought some wood letters and the BF spray painted them black for me...I hot glued them onto some ribbon and now they have a constant reminder of how important family and faith is...

Now to add a vase with some greenery on the fireplace and we are ready to move on to another wall...

What to put above the french doors???

I know my BFF wanted me to do a subway art painting for her...but WOW...how will I muster that up that fast...No!! Problem ;-)

Add some sheer scarf curtains and you have a lil transformation going on...

It's "Crazy" how "Before" & "After" photos really bring changes to life...

Now for the "Family" photo wall....Having family photos around the home is important to my BFF and her BF...I aim to deliver....I took some frames they had and bought some from goodwill...the BF spray painted them black and we have a wall that they will treasure...

We better get cleaning....someone is going to be home soon...

Told you I put my hubby to work...LOL

Guess who's home...And, boy was she SURPRISED!!!!

Her BF did good!!!

Doesn't her house look great??? For having 2 days...

I'm happy that she's happy...
(this is just the beginning of her home transformation)

Now can we get out on the boat???
I need to relax...LOL

TELL ME ABOUT A QUICK PROJECT YOU TOOK ON???


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...what a great BFF you are! Love the photo wall...they are always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice friend you are...and you're a whiz at window treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice friend you are!! I could actually see me doing that for my BFF or vice versus. You did GREAT for only having 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a very nice surprise. After reading the blog I feel jealous, not having these kinds of friends. Your friend is very lucky. Thanks for sharing the articles with us. Keep sharing more. Now its time to avail star medical diagnostic for more information.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved