Thursday, February 7, 2013

Guest Poster: Magenta & Lime

Hello Glitter, Glue & Paint Readers!

I'm Erin from Magenta & Lime, where I share my diy projects, home improvements, and all kinds of life along the way.  I'm here today to share with you this cute little key/sunglasses holder that I like to call the Grab-and-Go board.  Cheesy, I know, but I love it.


This project was super simple and inexpensive.  I actually had everything I needed lying around, and it took me about 20 minutes. Here's what you need:

1. Piece of wood.
I used a scrap piece of 1x8, but you could do any size you want, depending on how much you want to store.

2. Fabric of your choice.
I chose a duck cloth in green chevron from Hobby Lobby.  This is leftover from the barstools I re-covered back in September.

3. Piece of Ribbon
The length should be the width of the board, plus a little bit extra to wrap around.  For instance, I used about  14" of ribbon for this board.

4. Cup Hooks
As many as you want to hang up keys

5. Cup Pull
This is a drawer pull that you can get for about $5.  

6. Tools: Staple Gun, Staples, Power Drill/Screw Driver

To get started, cut your fabric to size and wrap it around the board like you would a present.  Staple the fabric down so it is tight.


Then, wrap your ribbon around the board at the top and staple in the back.  I also stapled it once on each side to keep the ribbon tight when sunglasses are hanging from it.




Measure where you want each cup hook, make a small cut in the fabric on that spot and drill a hole a little bit.  Then, screw your cup hooks in.


Finally, drill holes for your cup pull, and screw it in place.  I love this addition to the board because it's a great place to stash your chap-stick or even some loose change.  Depending on the size of your board, you could even add a few cup pulls for more storage.



Keep this next to the door, either hung on the wall or sitting on a table and everything is right where you need it for when you leave the house.


I hope you love it as much as I do!!

 Thanks for having me, Denyse! I hope the packing and moving is going well!

12 comments:

  1. i like quick & easy diy that makes our life easier! just checking your blog out as one of the co-hosts of Aloha Friday Blog Hop and now following you too..

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! New follower from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crafty DIY! Thank you. New follower from Aloha. Would you please 'like' my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kiddiesfan and follow me at twitter
    https://twitter.com/LuckyMomofKK ?Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower from the blog hop, care to follow me back? Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    Sarah
    http://www.lookingasuare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project.. especially the chapstick holder part! New follower via the blog hop!

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Aloha Friday” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – I would also like to invite you to a blog hop called: “The Great Blog Train” currently live on my blog – Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea and great guest post!
    Found you through the hop and am your newest follower,
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! and you found the perfect spot! thanks!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there - I am a new follower from the blog hop. I hope you stop by and check out my blog too! Have a great weekend! www.mendezmanor.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute AND functional. Love the fabric you chose too. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower from the hop! :)

    www.waytothesea.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the pop of color with the chevron fabric. I solved my key and sunglasses dilemma this way: http://www.dejongdreamhouse.com/2012/04/project-of-day-dont-forget-your.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin
My photo

I am a Stylist by day and a Blogger, Crafter, Artist and DIY'er by night. I enjoy being creative and share those creation hoping to inspire someone. I blog about whatever comes to mind…some might be useful and some might be useless but it all goes with the crazy world we live in… Hope you enjoy my journey with me and creating lifelong friendships ;-)

Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved