Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick Vintage Painting

I know you all have heard of the *Graphic Fairy* and if you haven't you need to visit her...

The site is full of clip art images and vintage printable's...which are great for any crafter...I found this adorable vintage design...
I grabbed my 8 x 10 canvas board and printed out the vintage design...

I thought that the best color to give it the vintage look was to do the background in Ecru...


Once I gathered all my supplies I was ready to go...


Having such beautiful graphics can make for beautiful art pieces...It was challenging for me but I had a lot of fun recreating something and making it my own...



TAA DAA Here's the completed painting...I'd say not bad for doing a painting that is totally out of my comfort zone...


Here's the original next to my painting....



If you get a chance check out "Graphic Fairy's" website...I'm telling you she's got some good stuff :-)

Did I also mention I need to get back on the ball and blog on a continuous basis like I used to do...I just don't know how my days fly bye like they do...LOL!!!

*HAVE A SUPER WEEK*

5 comments:

  1. Great job! Good to see you creating and blogging again...have missed you ;} Of course going back to school full time does take up most of your days now...lol I'll be glad when I'm done purging so I can play and create again...arrgghhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job! I would never dare to do that free-hand! (found you at Show me what ya got @ Not just a Housewife)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Denyse! You certainly are a talented lady. Love vintage. Kudos to you. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, handsdown this is by far one of the best freehands i have seen. I recently did some stamping freehand but this, im sacred to try but I will. Too good.

    Visiting from Creations by Kara :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just totally amazing! I love the graphic and your paint job is fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin
My photo

I am a Stylist by day and a Blogger, Crafter, Artist and DIY'er by night. I enjoy being creative and share those creation hoping to inspire someone. I blog about whatever comes to mind…some might be useful and some might be useless but it all goes with the crazy world we live in… Hope you enjoy my journey with me and creating lifelong friendships ;-)

Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved